6.25.2007

Arch Nemesis

So, I haven't exactly started drawing since I got to the planet of corn to visit Spaceman, but I have been doing some thinking. Spaceman and Spacegirl need an arch nemesis. All comic book characters have one. Okay, so Spaceman and Spacegirl aren't exactly comic book characters, but that is the genre I am going for, at least a very girly-fied version of the comic genre. There should be more comics for girls. There is really only Betty and Veronica. Don't get me wrong, I love Betty and Veronica, but they aren't exactly great role models. Veronica is a twit, and Betty will do anything for her man, even if it means a huge sacrifice on her part.

Anyway, I am getting wildly off track here. Back to the arch nemesis problem. I have been thinking that there should be one person who is constantly sending out minions to try to capture Spaceman and Spacegirl. I am thinking this person should be a woman. It would fit in with my whole feminism thing that way. Now hold on! Don't go turning up your nose at the word feminism! My message is simple. Even a girl with cottoncandy-pink hair can be a super hero. Feminine and feminism do not have to be mutually exclusive. Most of the time, female villains are very ugly. Ugliness is used to signify evil, just as beauty is used to symbolize good. Is this always the case in the real world? Certainly not, I know some very beautiful people who are just down right mean. Therefore, I am leaning toward making the arch nemesis and incredibly beautiful woman. With green skin. I just really want to make someone green. It is outer space after all. Oh, and I think she is going to be Professor somebody. I don't have a name yet. She is the one who sends out the moon zombies and the aliens, and the sea monster, etc, to get Spaceman and Spacegirl. What is her motivation though I wonder? I will have to think about that one.

Oh, and by the way, for those of you who may be thinking that I am a hypocrite, talking about feminism, but calling the guy Spaceman and the girl Spacegirl, I am aware of this. However, I didn't really come up with the names. They kind of came up with themselves.

5 comments:

Little Grey Donkey said...

Ooh.. arch nemeses(pl.?)! fun. I vote for a non-evil arch nemesis. We do get to vote, right? ;) I love the arch nemeses who are misguided or misunderstood.

Anonymous said...

Yes it is arch-nemeses. I think your green woman is brilliant. What if her motivation was to acquire something?

Also, I have no problem with spacegirl. I like cute things, not because I'm female though, my brother likes cute things too.

Spacegirl said...

Thanks for the comments! I love both of your ideas. Being motivated to acquire something is a great idea.

Little Grey Donkey said...

I think that deep down everyone likes cute things. :)

Anonymous said...

:D I added you to my link list. I love your blog too!