6.27.2007

Green Lady


I have not been feeling well today, so instead of doing the things I should be doing, I drew all day. I am really excited about this new character. I think she adds new depth to the world of Spacegirl and Spaceman. She is, naturally, very cutesy, too cute perhaps to be really taken all that seriously, but that is what makes her so dangerous. I think it is obvious, but I was very inspired by Japanese elements in this drawing. I like that she is space-age, but that her look is ancient. I struggled quite a bit with the color of her hair, but Spaceman and I decided that the blue makes her look colder. Her name is Green Lady, which is what I started affectionately calling her when I was drawing her, and now I can't call her anything else. Perhaps she has a real name, but we just don't know it. She is after all, very mysterious.
On another topic, I would like to give a shout out to two of my favorite blogs on the internet. I have been following Little Grey Donkey's blog since its beginning. First of all, I can't believe what an amazing web designer she is! Her blog is gorgeous! I love hearing about all of her projects, and the pictures are great. And that little donkey is just so darned cute.
A blog I just discovered is Salymander's blog. In her own words, this is a feminist's blog on television, film, literature, comics, media, fandom, & language. Could I be happier? All of my favorite topics on one blog, and from a feminist's perspective, which as you all know, I think about a lot. Read her blog!

5 comments:

Little Grey Donkey said...

I have to say, I love the green lady! Her feet most of all. I wonder what her footsteps would sound like... Thanks for the sweet shout out! :)

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaw, you gave a shout out to my whole blog? That's SO SWEET *hugs ya*

Anonymous said...

Also, TOTALLY KICKASS VILLAIN!!!!!!

Kristin said...

She looks like she would talk with a very shrill voice- which is perfect of course for a villain. I also like the blue color in her hair. Good choice.

Goldberry Riverdaughter said...

Hi. I'm a fellow reader of Salymander.

I really enjoy her blog. You'll find she's quite the cunning writer. She can be scathing without sounding bitter. Which is refreshing.

Also your blog is totally fab. Your art rocks my world.